Lots of different smiles lately.
- When shopping with my friend and we ran into some of her family.
- When receiving a present.
- When trying to make smalltalk with guests at my parents place.
- When thinking of some of my secret, crazy thoughts.
- When driving alone and coming up with brilliant banter.
- When walking and realising that I was saying my thoughts out loud like I usually do at home or in the car.
The most genuine smiles:
- Being able to help my friend out.
- Taking my sort of niece to see Santa.
- Holding my sort of nephew, who is getting older and less fragile every day.
- Watching a cute video of my nephew and smiling along with him.
- Making my mum laugh with my weird sense of humour.
- Being wished a Merry Christmas by another Santa in a supermarket.
- Spending time with my cat.
I need these smiles. I have to try to space them out because next year things will go upside down and there’s nothing I can do about that.