I’m sure I’ve blogged before about how I am and always have been a picky eater. As a child I wasn’t keen on breakfast, I picked at my recess, I rarely ate lunch and refused to eat sandwiches. At dinnertime my mum usually had to make me a plain version of whatever she was cooking for everyone else.
Despite being a picky eater, I remember eating lots of different things which generally aren’t considered human food, such as:
- Barbie feet- I didn’t actually swallow these, I just chewed on them. All of my barbies had gnawed feet.
- Live ants- They tingle on your tongue like acid.
- A leaf off a house plant- It was dark green and it gave me a stomach ache.
- Some sort of stem which looked liked wheat but probably wasn’t- I liked to pretend I was a farmer, I guess.
- Lipstick- I used to steal my mum’s lipsticks and eat them in secret.
- Dry cat food- Because wet cat food would just be gross!
- Fish food- Fish food tastes like fish!
- A weird pod growing off a friend’s tree- We didn’t know what it was so I took a bite out of it. It didn’t taste good.
- Ajax or something similar- There was a little patch of cleaning powder on our coffee table and I thought it was sherbet so I licked it.
- Paper- I don’t think I actually swallowed paper but I was constantly chewing on it.
What are some weird things you ate as a kid or as an adult? I’m sure I wasn’t the only one who felt compelled to try odd things!