I am a control freak and I don’t cope well with change but while the days end and life moves on, there are some things which stay constant in my life. While some of these things might incorporate my illnesses, for the most part they are pretty harmless. I suppose the familiarity keeps me grounded or gives me something to rely on.
Here are some of the constants in my life-
- My cat coming right up to my face when I go to bed. It’s her way of saying hello, I think and once I give her a pat, she finds her own spot on the bed.
- Beaming with pride every time my stepdad refers to me as his daughter.
- Getting so excited when I get an actual letter in the mail and ripping it open before I get inside.
- Always throwing out one spoonful of my breakfast. I have no idea why I do this.
- Having plenty of clothes but never having anything I want to wear.
- Drinking lemonade will always take me back to summer as a child, sitting in the sun by my grandparents’ pool.
- The smell of freshly cut grass is quite unnerving to me. I don’t really know why.
- I’m still afraid of the sound the bath makes when I let out the plug.
- I’ll probably always find quizzes fun, even though I know they are mostly rubbish.
- I have this strange recurring dream where I can sing really well.
- My fingernails will pretty much always have nailpolish on them to discourage me from picking them apart.
- If I try to move aside when someone is walking towards me, I’ll undoubtedly move to the same side they move to and awkwardness will ensue as we try to pass each other.
- Getting fresh flowers will always make me feel special.
- My favourite part of Christmas is wrapping up presents neatly and with pretty ribbon.
- I get goosebumps and the shivers when I tell scary stories. Sometimes I cry too.
What are some of the constant things in your life?